Research Scientist, Silicon
As a Silicon Researcher at Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) you will work with a world-class group of researchers, engineers and management advancing the state of the art for multiple next generations of full custom and semi-custom mixed signal ICs to drive our industry-leading augmented reality systems.
- Your main responsibilities will be to individually contribute to a Silicon research group focused on one or more of these areas:
- - Research the state of the art device technologies in close partnerships with leading foundries, academia and industry. Contribute in SubVt and nearVt silicon operation as well as FDSOI for FinFet substrates with dynamic FBB and RBB.
- -Research the state of the art MEMS mirrors technology in close partnership with leading researcher institutes, academia and foundries around the world.
- -Research the advancement of the state of the art in silicon packaging technology including standard packaging, die stacking and advanced stacking interconnect. Areas include, Chip on Glass/Flex/Board (COG, COF, COB).
- -Research the advancement of the state of the art in developing next generation SRAM technologies for extreme low power operation in close partnership with academia, research institutes and industry.
- -Research the advancement of SOC architectures for extreme low power and precise minimal energy usage modeling, advanced Si power management, fine grain PVT-adaptive, dynamic voltage, frequency scaling, 3D architectures, stacking and TSV development.
- -In sensor and in memory computing.
- -Research in low power, area Convolution Neural Networks (CNN) and Recurrent neural network (RNN) compute.
- -Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- PhD or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Material Sciences, Computer Sciences or Physics.
- 3+ years experience in research and development.
- Good understanding of silicon development methodology and flow (analog and digital).
- Good understanding of standard silicon low power techniques.
- Experience working directly with Silicon foundries around the world.
- Proven ability to establish close technical partnerships with academia, research institutes and industry.
- Experience with post-silicon qualification, validation & characterization processes, and deliverables.
- Very data driven and detail oriented and capable of producing and presenting detailed technical reports.
- Possess exemplary organizational, methodology and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top