Research Scientist, Sensing Systems
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.The successful candidate will be a recognized technical innovator in the sensor/imager/camera industry and will have demonstrated impact by influencing the technology direction behind major advances in this field in recent years. You will also recognize that the industry is not trending with the requirements for AR & VR applications and you will be motivated to drive the necessary paradigm shift in camera technology, i.e. to develop cameras that are optimized for the next wave of consumer products (AR & VR).At Oculus, you will be the key technical driver behind the development of next generation RGB cameras, depth cameras, night vision cameras and more. This will involve close collaboration with groups developing SLAM algorithms, system software and SoCs as well as EE and ME design groups.
- Map out sensing technologies and own the roadmap to developing/enabling a range of novel detector/imager technologies. Particular emphasis on power reduction, data transfer reduction, on chip processing, global shutter, SWIR imaging, ROI selection, etc.
- Collaborate closely with our computer vision / optical scientists, SOC designers and system architects in developing your roadmaps
- Maintain a knowledge of the technical developments/activities of key industry and academic players
- Assess and recommend emerging sensing technologies through close partnership with external, industry leading suppliers.
- Technically lead all phases of sensor/imager development - from an initial "what it needs to do" early definition phase, and on through specification, architecture, design, verification, and production
- Be the technical lead in various 3rd party relationships
- Employ scientific method to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of complex, cross-disciplinary system issues
- 10+ years in image sensor design and fabrication, sensor and camera module integration for mobile platforms, image quality and system performance evaluation, system calibration, and new algorithm development
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or a related discipline.
- Experience in creating strategic partnerships with industry players and academic groups
- Experience in working with imager foundries
- First-hand knowledge of the imager and other sensor industry players, i.e. knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies
- Knowledge of sensor system level functional modelling and simulation in C/C++, OpenGL, Python, MATLAB, and other languages.
- Ability to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to drive system solutions.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top