Research Scientist, Semiconductor Device Modelling (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research, the research division of Oculus (Facebook), is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated senior scientist to drive our device modelling and simulation activities. This role is particularly suited to a Research Scientist who wishes to further develop their career in a vibrant, multidisciplinary and fast-moving research environment.
- Provide expertise all the way through the design phases (wafer/epitaxial, device design) with emphasis on the device physics and electrical simulation of red (AlInGaP), green and blue (InGaN) LEDs or Lasers.
- Write DOE, analysing the data and reporting the key results during meetings.
- Promote and support innovation to facilitate IP generation as appropriate.
- Interface with internal partners on epitaxy, chip, testing and supporting package, electronic driver & system specifications.
- Coordinate device modeling with suppliers and R&D-projects with external partners (universities, research institutes, industry).
- Integration of end products' electrical requirements into our device models.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (ideally PhD) in Electronics, Electrical engineering, Micro-electronics orPhysics. :5+ years' experience in III-V semiconductor (GaN/GaAs) or silicon IC device simulations.
- Strong expertise in optoelectronic device simulation of red, green and blue LEDs or Lasers.
- Strong expertise in electronic devices and (preferably) circuit simulation, for example in generation of SPICE models.
- Strong background in semiconductor physics.
- Experience of optical Design: Ray tracing and FDTD.
- Experience of thermal modelling of electronic devices.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top