Research Scientist, Product Algorithms (PhD)
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for researchers to join the Core Data Science team. Core Data Science is an interdisciplinary team of quantitative scientists that aims to deliver research and innovation that fundamentally contribute to Facebook's success. By applying your expertise in quantitative methods, you will be empowered to drive impact across a range of products, infrastructure and company operations. Individuals in this role are expected to have expertise and publications within research areas including artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics, causal inference and experimentation. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building products and applying research expertise and the latest methods to solve challenging, real-world problems.
- Work with vast amounts of data, generate research questions that push the state-of-the-art, and build data-driven products.
- Develop novel quantitative methods on top of Facebook's unparalleled data infrastructure.
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones.
- Communicate best practices in quantitative analysis to partners.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value.
- Actively identify new opportunities within Facebook's long term roadmap for data science contributions.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD, in a quantitative field
- Experience analyzing datasets using languages like Python or R
- Experience using machine learning and deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow or scikit-learn
- Experience developing algorithms in languages like Python, C, C++ or Java
- Experience analyzing large datasets using tools like Presto, Hive or Spark
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, data science, or related technical fields
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top