Research Scientist, Natural Language Processing (PhD)
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Billions of people use our services to connect and communicate in their preferred language, but many of these languages lack traditional NLP resources and our systems need to be robust to the informal tone, slang and typos often found in daily communication. Our research spans multiple areas across NLP and machine learning, including deep learning/neural networks, machine translation, natural language understanding and generation, low-resource NLP, question answering, dialogue, and cross-lingual and cross-domain transfer learning. We are seeking world-class natural language processing experts to join our teams in developing next generation products and platforms, conducting and publishing research, and engineering at scale. We're applying cutting-edge language technologies to a wide range of media understanding challenges at Facebook.
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in neural networks and NLP.
- Utilize that research to develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production to impact billions of people using Facebook.
- Collaborate with team members from other research and applied research teams working on a variety of deep learning and NLP problems.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree or postdoctoral assignment in Natural Language Processing, or a related field
- Experience with developing modern NLP systems
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as publications at workshops or conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, AAAI, ICML, NeurIPS, or similar
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Back to top