Research Scientist, Natural Language Processing, Facebook Shops
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
With billions of products offered on Facebook Shops, we are required to build scalable technologies that can help us better understand what those products are and how they relate to one another. To do this, we are developing semantics extraction capabilities from product catalogs that are provided to us by businesses. This understanding enables Facebook to surface higher quality and more relevant products to our users, and it plays a key role in the company's long-term commerce strategy. Our research spans multiple areas across NLP and machine learning, including deep learning/neural networks, machine translation, natural language understanding and generation, low-resource NLP, entity recognition, language embeddings and cross-lingual and cross-domain transfer learning. We are seeking world-class natural language processing experts to join our teams in developing next generation products and platforms, conducting and publishing research, and engineering at scale. We're applying cutting-edge language technologies to a wide range of media understanding challenges at Facebook.
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in neural networks and NLP
- Utilize that research to develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production to impact billions of people using Facebook
- Collaborate with team members from other research and applied research teams working on a variety of deep learning and NLP problems
- Mentor PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree or postdoctoral assignment in Natural Language Processing, or a related field
- Experience with developing modern NLP systems
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as publications at workshops or conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, AAAI, ICML, NeurIPS, or similar
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Back to top