Research Scientist, Natural Language Processing
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are developing technologies to help keep people safe and connect people to what matters most by recognizing and fulfilling their intent in a natural way. This means investing heavily in Natural Language Processing in areas such as Machine Translation, Multilingual/Multimodal Understanding, Misinformation/Fake News, Entity Recognition, Speech, Dialog Systems, Knowledge Graph, Search, Ranking, and other Machine Learning and Deep Learning problems.
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in Natural Language Processing.
- Apply that research to develop and deploy scalable models into production to impact billions of people using Facebook.
- Collaborate with team members from other research and engineering teams working on a variety of deep learning and Natural Language Processing problems.
- PhD/MS with experience in the fields of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning or Deep Learning.
- 2+ years of experience in building large-scale Natural Language Processing systems from researching a prototype to production.
- Experience with developing and training neural network models.
- Knowledge in languages such as Python and C++.
Back to top