Research Scientist, Nanofabrication
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation near to eye display and imaging systems at our research location in Redmond, WA. Primary responsibility is developing hardware and related technologies as technology building blocks to enable next generation head mounted display architectures.Oculus is looking for someone who is self-motivated, rolls up the sleeves and is keen to get involved across many disparate technical functions. In particular, a researcher who is able to provide technical expertise in semiconductor processing, including nanofabrication plus LED design, growth, fabrication and test. The candidate will have knowledge of semiconductor light sources, color conversion materials and processing requirements. The successful candidate will contribute to the company's technology roadmap and will help with the design, development and fabrication of next generation light sources. To stand out from the crowd the candidate is expected to have an understanding of displays.
- Develop nanofabrication capabilities and extend to custom structures for light sources
- Work with third parties to develop novel LED structures
- Explore technologies which can be utilized in the development of next generation displays.
- Support modeling and experimentation with the ability to feedback results in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, firmware, middleware and applications).
- PhD in Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5000+ hours of hands-on experience in working in clean room environments and/ or optical characterization
- Experience as lead investigator for which results were demonstrated through publications, patents, and shipped products.
- Knowledge of compound semiconductor processing and test.
- Experience of designing, fabricating and testing nano-structures
- Knowledge of sources (lasers and LED's), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials or thin film optics
- Experience with III-V semiconductor growth and fabrication and ability to direct research into these areas
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics
- Experience with test automation and DOE tools such as Labview, Matlab, JMP or Mathematica
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well and work across teams
- 5+ years of experience in applied research and/or product development of advanced photonic systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top