Research Scientist, Mobile Computer Vision
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We are seeking world-class computer vision experts to join our teams in developing next generation products and platforms doing research and engineering at scale.
Our mission is to advance the state of the art in computer vision algorithms for mobile and embedded vision. The person in this role will be working on Facebook's largest scale mobile computer vision algorithms and models which are leveraged by product development teams throughout the company. Our research is critical to delivering new computer vision based mobile applications to our 2 billion+ users.
- Doing research for novel and accurate deep learning algorithms in computer vision
- Collaborate with team members from the research to the level of production
- PhD with experience in Computer Science with published projects in the fields of deep learning and computer vision in conferences
- Experience in theoretical and empirical research and for answering questions with research
- Experience with model optimization for mobile/embedded platforms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top