Research Scientist, Market Intelligence
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Market Intelligence team in Facebook’s Core Data Science organization is looking for data scientists with a passion for statistics to build scalable systems for statistical inference and data exploration products. You will enjoy getting unique access to several of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You will research, guide and implement our statistical methodology, invent measures to understand the data and visualize and disseminate insights extracted from it. You will work with many teams across all departments in the company to build the tools that inform Facebook’s strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in computer science, math or a related technical field, will have experience working with survey statistics and statistical modeling, and will have experience building software. They are focused on results, fast learning, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding of a product and an entire market. This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how to effectively measure and understand the mobile ecosystem
- Develop and implement our statistical methodology, building models for bias correction, uncertainty estimation, outlier detection, prediction and inference across multiple metrics and dimensions
- Partner with product and analyst teams to build methodologies, tools and systems that will enhance their strategy through the use of market data.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute research projects used throughout Facebook to drive product decisions
- Manage development of data sources, gather requirements, organize sources, and establish a definitive picture of the mobile ecosystem and the markets Facebook operates in
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis or survey analysis preferably within the web or mobile app industries
- MSc/PhD in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or other technical field
- Experience implementing statistical techniques in production-grade code
- Experience with data analysis using tools such as R or Python and good control of SQL
- Experience in survey methodology, quantitative research methods or statistical analysis, modeling, machine learning and other data science techniques
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- Ability to initiate and drive research projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top