Research Scientist Manager, Computer Vision and Human Understanding
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs Research, we're developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. We are looking for an experienced leader to manage and continue to build a world-class computer vision and machine perception team dedicated to advancing the state-of-the-art of human understanding, including human pose estimation, hand-object interaction, action recognition, and human-computer interaction. You will be responsible for recruiting, career growth, organizational health, guiding overall direction, and supporting multiple teams and projects working in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Build, lead, mentor, inspire, and enable a world-class machine perception team.
- Work with leadership, computer vision researchers, and cross-functional teams to develop and pursue a vision for human understanding.
- Enable a team to research and develop advanced computer vision and machine perception technologies, including hand pose estimation, egocentric body pose estimation, object pose estimation, and action recognition.
- Explore the problem and solution space through creating proofs of experience and getting feedback from user research.
- Establish a research/incubation/productization roadmap and strategy.
- Collaborate and work across teams to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, data collection, machine learning, etc.).
- 10+ years of experience in computer vision, computer graphics or human-computer interaction research.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Mentorship experience with experience leading an organization at various experience levels ranging from interns to research scientists.
- Technical knowledge in machine learning, optimization and state estimation.
- Experience as lead investigator for which results were achieved or established.
- Subject matter expert demonstrated through publications, patents, and shipped products.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Research experience in action recognition and action understanding in computer vision or robotics.
- Experience leading a team that transferred technology from research in computer vision, machine perception or machine learning into a shipping product.
- Experience managing joint hardware-software development and associated rapid prototyping.
Back to top