Research Scientist, Machine Learning and Graphics
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research is the leading industrial research lab in the design of the future virtual and augmented reality products. We are seeking a world-class Research Scientist in machine learning to work on research projects in image synthesis and analysis at our research lab in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on machine learning applications in computer graphics with the primary responsibility being the synthesis and processing of high quality images and videos using machine learning. This full-time position requires a PhD in computer science, mathematics, machine learning, computer engineering (or similar) and a strong publication record in machine learning, as well as solid mathematical skills.
- Lead research projects in machine learning for graphics in AR and VR
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers from multiple teams (graphics, perception, displays, eye tracking, etc.)
- Invent novel methods for improving the image quality in the future head-mounted display products
- Publish and present papers at international conferences and journals, attend top conferences in machine learning, computer graphics, and relevant fields
- PhD or postdoctoral degree in machine learning, computer graphics, or image processing
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning techniques for image processing and analysis, such as image and video super-resolution, image denoising, etc.
- Experience with image synthesis and/or GPU programming
- Publications at conferences and journals in the related field
- Knowledge of the modern network architectures and training techniques (e.g., style transfer, attention models, adversarial training, seq2seq)
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning for image synthesis
- 5+ years of experience in real-time and/or offline rendering
- Track record of academic results, including publications at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, NIPS, ICLR, CVPR, Eurographics, EGSR, HPG, and others
- Publications related to head-mounted displays, perceptual graphics, appearance modeling
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top