Research Scientist, III/V Compound Epitaxy Growth (Oculus)
The Research Scientist will be responsible for MOCVD growth of advanced III-V epitaxy wafers used for fabrication of red LEDs. The role also expands to wafer characterization as well as fabrication of test devices in order to get both electrical and optical feedback on the epitaxy growth. The individual filling this position is expected to work independently and lead projects, as well as within teams interfacing with other engineers, technicians and/or outside vendors to complete all necessary tasks. In particular close collaboration with the rest of the epitaxy team is critical. The role could expand into ownership of one or more research MOCVD reactors: ensuring high uptime, keep reactor log, trouble shoot reactor issues, and coordinate with tool vendor on maintenance and upgrades.
- Create recipes for growth of advanced AlInGaP LED epitaxial wafers by MOCVD with the goal of improving brightness and efficiency of red devices.
- Lead collaborations with external research groups to learn the latest in growth techniques to achieve breakthroughs for red internal quantum efficiency.
- Design of experiments to determine key growth parameters for improving both material and device properties.
- Analysis of in-situ tool data: wafer temperature, wafer bow, growth rates.
- Coordinate (or complete) epitaxy wafer characterization.
- Plan and execute experiments in collaboration with the fabrication team, analyze and present data, and drive continual project progress.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with MOCVD growth & characterization of compound optical devices.
- Solid understanding of materials and device characterization as feedback to improve the epitaxy growth.
- Experience working with fabrication and testing of LEDs or lasers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top