Research Scientist, Graphics Pipeline Hardware
(Menlo Park, CA - Redmond, WA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We are currently seeking a graphics pipeline hardware architect to support the development of the hardware component of a custom graphics pipeline optimized for AR/VR systems. The successful candidate will be required to design custom ICs/ASICs in close collaboration with the groups developing the algorithms, system software and SoCs.
- Collaborate with graphics software architects and the SoC designers to support the realization of the necessary hardware to enable AR/VR experiences
- Support all phases of Silicon SoC development from a graphics pipeline perspective - from early definition on through specification, architecture, layout and production
- Design, simulate, and test of an ASIC/SoC to realize the graphics pipeline design
- Work with other groups to produce an FPGA test platform to test, develop and optimize the full system
- Contribute to execution of our silicon technology/compute roadmap to make advances in performance, power consumption and form factor
- Assess and recommend emerging technologies through partnerships with external suppliers
- Employ the scientific method to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues
- 5+ years of experience in digital/analog IC design
- Experienced user of Cadence IC design tools and high speed simulation tools (i.e., SPICE, Hyperlynx, or others)
- Design experience with GPU ACISs.
- Experience in both ASIC / SoC design methodologies and simulation.
- Experience in graphics pipeline architectures and associated algorithms
- Experience with non-conventional graphics pipelines.
- Know-how with various communication technologies including: wireless, MIPI, USB
- Ability to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to drive system solutions
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top