Research Scientist, Graphics - ML/Ray Casting (PhD University Grad)
At Facebook Reality Labs our goal is to make great consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences that ship in five to ten years. We are currently seeking innovative researchers for a position of Research Scientist in Graphics with a passion for technology to develop next generation graphics pipeline for AR and VR at our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on computer graphics with the primary responsibility being the efficient synthesis of high quality images, including application of machine learning methods, ray tracing and ray casting, realistic shading, geometry processing and compression, perceptual rendering, and global illumination. The full-time position requires publications in computer graphics journals, computer engineering, or similar areas, and a strong background in graphics and programming, as well as solid mathematical skills.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the US at the time of hire.
- Lead graphics research projects that span cross-functional teams
- Develop new graphics technologies for improving the rendering quality and efficiency and driving future head mounted displays
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop methods that impact the future graphics pipeline
- Interact with peer teams, like perceptual and optical science, FAIR and displays
- Publish and present papers in international conferences and journals, attend top conferences in graphics and related fields
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer graphics, image processing or similar
- 3+ years of experience in C++, at least one of the following: Vulkan, CUDA, DirectX, or DXR
- 2+ years of experience with image synthesis, e.g., rendering, sampling, reconstruction, ray tracing, shading, level of detail
- 2+ years of experience with real-time or interactive computer graphics
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must be available to start employment on or after January 1st, 2019
- 1+ years of experience with machine learning
- 1+ paper(s) published on machine learning for graphics
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, HPG, EGSR, etc.
Back to top