Research Scientist- Electro-Optic Device Modeling, Fabrication and Testing
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are seeking a full-time researcher with expertise in electro-optic device modeling, fabrication and testing. The candidate will have a track record in active photonics and functional component technologies and will work closely with our team of research staff on nanofabrication technology. The position requires a PhD or equivalent experience in photonics, optics, physics, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, or similar. Candidates must possess a fundamental understanding of photonic integrated circuit design and industrial fabrication. Specifically, candidates should have experience in the fabrication of silicon integrated circuits and optical circuits in CMOS compatible foundries and/or research grade labs. The ideal candidate would demonstrate possessing a deep understanding of the typical integration flow required to fabricated highly integrated electrical and optical circuits. Knowledge of lithography, thin film deposition, etching, plating, spin-on materials and other technologies is a must. Experience in emissive display technology is a plus. Candidates must be comfortable working in a highly cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Contribute to design and fabricate active photonic integrated circuits with hands-on cleanroom work and support of external engagements
- Participate as a key member on the ramp of a high risk breakthrough active photonics program
- Advise the team on techniques, directions, partnerships and methodologies to accelerate timelines of team projects and achieve deliverables
- Contribute to strategically plan expansion of advanced fab capabilities for future technologies
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support research initiatives
- PhD or equivalent experience in photonics, optics, physics, chemistry, electronic engineering or similar fields with a focus on device nanofabrication
- Experience in traditional CMOS processes and integration flows
- Experience in fabrication and integration of components such as on-chip Mach-Zehnder, arrayed-waveguides, directional couplers, active optical phased array, etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in working in clean room environments
- Experience executing EM modeling and optimization using techniques such as FEA, FDTD, RCWA and beam tracing
- Experience with test automation and DOE tools such as Labview, MATLAB, JMP or Mathamatica
- Experience in optical and materials characterization
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics preferred
Back to top