Research Scientist, Display and Sensor Modeling (PhD University Grad) (Redmond)
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to break new ground in AR/VR display and sensing systems. This position will focus on developing a new generation of head-mounted display as well as geometric scene understanding systems working across novel mobile display/sensing assemblies, computational imaging, optics, machine perception and optimization. We have opportunities in our Redmond, WA location for motivated team players ready to solve complex problems and take on challenges. The position requires a PhD in optical modeling/calibration, computational imaging, or computer vision with a combination of theoretical expertise and applied experience in mathematical optimization, algorithm design and experiential methods. The ideal applicant will have demonstrated the skill of significant research innovation as well as the capability of building strongly proven real world systems.
- Plan and execute cutting edge research to advance the state of the art in modeling and calibration of display and sensing systems using online and offline estimation methods
- Develop advanced technologies by applying scientific methods to enable advanced computational display and imaging technologies in collaboration with other researchers and engineers
- Work with the team to help design, set up, and run practical experiments related to real-time, long-duration sensing and rendering
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across both machine and human perception teams at Facebook to develop experiments, prototypes and concepts that advance the state of the art in AR/VR systems
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Science, Optical Engineering, Physics, Robotics, Mathematics or a related field
- 2+ years experience with one or more of the following areas: physics based models and simulation, numerical optimization of non-linear problems, geometric computer vision
- 3+ years experience with real world system building and data collection, including design, coding (C++) and evaluation (C++/Python/MATLAB)
- Track record of sound experimental practice and increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must be available to start employment on or after June 1, 2018
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States beginning in 2018
- Experience with AR/VR display systems, lens calibration, or optical metrology
- Experience with design and productization of inertial/optical/acoustic sensing devices
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, ICCP, Optics Express, RSS, ICRA, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top