Research Scientist, Digital Systems Architecture
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research, the research division of Oculus (Facebook), is looking for a Digital System Architect to support the development of our next-generation consumer product platforms that will provide breakthrough simulated reality user experiences. The successful candidate will lead our efforts to design / architect the hardware platforms for this activity and will be part of a team that includes electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software and ASIC experts.The ideal candidate will understand the full stack from algorithms and architecture down to drawing polygons. They will also appreciate DFT/DFM and will ensure that custom silicon doesn't dominate COGs in the final products. This is a full-time position based in our Redmond, WA office.
- Develop system hardware design that includes functions such as image compute, display, 3D sensing (SLAM), environment and body tracking, user interface and sound. These designs will need to surpass state of the art for metrics such as compute, bandwidth and power consumption.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Consider the tradeoffs between ASIC, FPGAs, and external computation mechanisms, with the ability to model data-flows, create cost/benefit analysis and estimate power consumption.
- Guide a small team in undertaking architectural studies including selecting ASIC technologies, FPGA-ASIC emulation, and other system topics such as interface approaches.
- M.S. degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering (or equivalent)
- 10+ years' experience in applied research and/or product development
- Experience in digital system design, including at least one consumer electronic product shipped in high volume:Experience in microprocessor and memory architectures
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies
- Experience with methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, analog and digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution
- Experience with tools like Cadence and Simulink
- Experience with high speed simulation tools like: SPICE, Hyperlynx, or Altium Designer
- Circuit design experience in: high speed digital and/or analog circuits
- Exposure to SoCs, display engineering, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, and firmware
- Comfortable programming in a high level language like C++, Python, Java, or C#
- Experience in high speed digital
- Experience in specifying and selecting design/simulation tools
- Experience working in the areas of real-time processing, OS development, imaging drivers, display drivers, high speed interconnections, and high throughput/low-latency computational systems.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top