Research Scientist, Demography and Survey Sciences
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
To succeed, we need to measure and understand the impact our teams are having for the people and communities who use our apps and services. We're looking for people with strong quantitative research skills to help in this effort.
The ideal candidate will be a social scientist with expertise in survey methodology (e.g., bias correction, sampling) and quantitative research methods or a quantitative specialist with experience solving survey methodology problems (especially for self-administered online surveys).
- Help shape the research agenda and drive research projects from end-to-end
- Collaborate with product teams to define relevant questions about survey methodology and quantitative measurement
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods won't do
- Provide teams with usable measurement strategies and methodologies to meet their product and business decision needs
- Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences
- Experience communicating analyses and results to any audience
- Master's or Ph.D. in the social sciences (e.g., Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Communication), or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Knowledge in data manipulation and analysis software and programming languages (R/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Knowledge in quantitative and survey research methodologies (e.g., bias correction for surveys, survey sampling and design, regression modeling, causal inference with a survey outcome, shrinkage and regularization, designing and analyzing longitudinal panel surveys, behavioral data analysis)
- Experience with Unix, Python, and large datasets (> 1TB)
Back to top