Research Scientist - CVML Input and Action Recognition
- Redmond, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs, we're developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. We are looking for an experienced Research Scientist for a world-class computer vision and machine perception team dedicated to advancing the state-of-the-art of human understanding, including human pose estimation, hand-object interaction, action recognition, and human-computer interaction.
- Work with leadership, computer vision researchers, and cross-functional teams to develop and pursue a vision for human understanding.
- Research and develop advanced computer vision and machine perception technologies, including hand pose estimation, egocentric body pose estimation, object pose estimation, and action recognition.
- Explore the problem and solution space through creating proofs of experience and getting feedback from user research.
- Establish a research/incubation/productization roadmap and strategy.
- Collaborate and work across teams to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, data collection, machine learning, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in computer vision, computer graphics or human-computer interaction research.
- Technical knowledge across topics including machine learning, optimization, and state estimation.
- Subject matter expert demonstrated through publications, patents, and shipped products.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Research experience in (hand, body, face) pose estimation, action recognition and action understanding in computer vision or robotics.
- Experience transferring technology from research in computer vision, machine perception or machine learning into a shipping product.
- Experience with joint hardware-software development and associated rapid prototyping.
- Mentorship experience ranging from interns, software engineers and junior research scientists.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top