Research Scientist, Core ML
- Pittsburgh, PA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Research Scientist to join our AI Research Team, a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics, particularly including areas such as deep learning, graphical models, reinforcement learning, computer perception, natural language processing and data representation. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology to make computers more intelligent.
- Lead research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Lead research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, speech and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Lead and collaborate on research projects within a globally based team
- Experience holding a faculty, industry, or government researcher position
- Ph.D. and publications in machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Experience leading a team in solving modeling problems using AI/ML approaches
- Experience in theoretical and empirical research and for addressing research problems
- Experience communicating research for public audiences of peers
- Knowledge in a programming language
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in a university, industry, or government lab(s), in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
- Experience driving original scholarship in collaboration with a team
- First-author publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, ICCV, and ACL)
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++, Python, or C#
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top