Research Scientist, (Conversational AI Group)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for Research Scientists to join our Conversational AI Group in Menlo Park and Seattle. The Conversational AI group built M, Messenger's in-thread assistant that proactively recommends stickers, polls, restaurants, movie tickets and so much more to more than 1.3 billion people that use Facebook Messenger every month. This journey is only 1% finished, and assistant features within Messenger today represent only initial steps in terms of what we expect a truly social assistant to be able to do in the years ahead. We are looking for candidates interested in advancing the state of the art in Dialog Systems, especially in areas such as Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Management, Natural Language Generation, and Question Answering.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing Dialog systems, a strong knowledge of ML, NLP and neural networks, and have experience working with massive amounts of data. They should also have strong software engineering skills and the ability to build systems that reach Facebook scale.
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in neural networks especially in the context of Dialog Systems
- Utilize that research to develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production to impact billions of people using Facebook
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Apply expert coding skills to platform development projects in partnership with other engineers
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms for training competitive, state-of-the-art models while make the best use of modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, GPU)
- PhD/MS with experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Dialog Systems, specifically Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Management, Natural Language Generation, and Question Answering.
- 3+ years of experience in building large-scale ML systems from researching a prototype to production.
- Experience with developing and training neural network models.
- Experience in C++ and Python.
Back to top