Research Scientist, Computer Vision (PhD)
Facebook Reality Lab is a world leader in the development of future generations of AR/VR systems. We are currently seeking a Computer Vision Research Scientist in Redmond, WA. The research agenda is focused on advanced sensing that is multi-disciplinary and at the intersection of sensing hardware and software across the stack of sensors, system, computer vision algorithms and applications. The position requires a PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics or similar field. This is a full-time position based in Redmond, WA.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, COMPUTER VISION (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and develop future advanced sensing systems
- Develop and optimize computer vision and machine learning algorithms for high performance, low-power, low latency implementation
- Perform software and hardware co-optimization in a full stack solution
- Lead/Support system performance evaluation and benchmarking by modeling, simulation, testing, data collection, and tradeoff study
- Collaborate with internal and external research scientists, hardware and software engineers and third party vendors throughout development phases
- Mentor MS/PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: Computer Vision, Computational Photography, Sensor Modeling, Sensor Fusion, State Estimation, 3D Reconstruction, Mapping & Localization, 3D geometry, Physics based models, or a related field
- 4+ years experience in C++ programming with coding and debugging
- Experience with real world system building and data collection, including design, coding (C++) and evaluation (C++/Python)
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Hands-on experience with 3D computer vision algorithms including Calibration, SLAM, Reconstruction, Mapping, Localization, Tracking and Image Processing
- Experience in computational photography algorithm and system development
- Experience with designing (products or open-source/Git software) of inertial/optical/acoustic sensing devices
- Experience in modern GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Optical Design Engineer (PhD)
- Research Intern, CMOS Image Sensor Architecture (PhD)
- Research Intern, Time-of-Flight Sensor Design (PhD)
- Research Scientist, 3D Computer Vision & State Estimation (PhD)
- Research Scientist, Machine Perception and Learning (PhD)
- Research Scientist, State Estimation and Calibration (PhD)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top