Research Scientist, Computer Vision, Facebook Shops
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
With billions of products offered on Facebook Shops, we are required to build scalable technologies that can help us better understand what those products are and how they relate to one another. To do this, we are developing semantics extraction and image understanding capabilities from product catalogs that are provided to us by businesses. This understanding enables Facebook to surface higher quality and more relevant products to our users, and it plays a key role in the company's long-term commerce strategy. Our research spans multiple areas across computer vision and machine learning, including deep learning/neural networks, object recognition, image segmentation, image embedding, image similarity and classification, hetrogenional DNN who work on image and text . We are seeking world-class computer vision experts to join our teams in developing next generation products and platforms, conducting and publishing research, and engineering at scale. In addition, candidates are expected to be strong engineers, capable of not only implementing research ideas but also delivering them into products and production services. They will drive cutting-edge and performance-sensitive systems that incorporate the latest innovations in deep learning and computer vision.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance image understanding, image similarity, object recognition and style extraction
- Collaborate with other researchers, software and data engineers to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project
- Contribute to computer vision systems deployed on commerce projects across Facebook
- Mentor PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- 5+ years experience developing software and conducting research in computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics, including system development and development on various platforms
- Knowledge in deep learning and image understanding methods, with experience in applied math such as numerical optimization and machine learning
- Experience developing deep learning algorithms, such as using convolutional neural networks or recurrent neural networks.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NeurIPS, etc.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Back to top