Research Scientist, Computational Photography (PhD Student or Grad)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We are seeking a Research Scientist for the Computational Photography group at Facebook. The candidate should have a passion for doing fundamental research and development in Computational Photography spanning the fields of computer vision and computer graphics and/or applying machine learning to these disciplines. They should also be excited to see their ideas translated into tangible experiences for end users. You would be joining a world-class team of researchers and engineers who are having an impact on billions of people around the world.
- Develop novel and effective computer vision and/or computer graphics algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources where applicable.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members to produce prototypes through deployed products.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Vision or Computer Graphics or similar
- Must be available to start employment on or after March 1, 2019
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Research and/or work experience in computational photography (computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning, and/or deep learning)
- Experience in C/C++
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by first-authored publications at workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH or similar
- Experience developing novel algorithms in the following:
- Image or Video Processing based on computer vision based understanding
- Deep adversarial networks
- Image and video forensics
- Computer vision and AI applications such as image and video captioning, and causal reasoning
- Experience working on mobile platforms for imagining applications such as Mobile Augmented Reality systems, Mobile Photo and Video Enhancement and Manipulation
- Experienced with the development of enterprise level AI, machine learning and deep learning platforms involving big data management and GPU compute
- Authorship of grants, fellowships, and patents experience
- Experienced with training deep neural networks for key computer vision tasks such as classification, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top