Research Scientist, Audio DSP
Facebook Reality Labs is inventing the future of augmented reality - the natural technological evolution of mobile computing. We believe that a key component of this mission is to improve and enhance human hearing. We are looking for an exceptional applied research scientist to join our growing team in Redmond, WA. We are looking for passionate and articulate technologists, who love jumping in to solve novel problems, and enjoy working with talented interdisciplinary teams. The core responsibilities of this role requires a background in real time audio algorithm design, auditory perception, tuning/integration, and experience with acoustic systems.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, AUDIO DSP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead applied research projects from concept to proof of experience.
- Collaborate closely with both the research and product team to deploy new technologies.
- Develop novel algorithms and signal processing techniques, measure acoustic performance, carry out analysis.
- Strong collaboration with the interdisciplinary audio team, providing creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Mentor graduate student interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals.
- M.S. or PhD in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2+ years experience with development of audio signal processing-related algorithms.
- 2+ years experience with scientific programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, C++, or similar.
- Experience constructing audio-specific proof-of-concept and system performance evaluations.
- Expertise in audio signal processing and auditory perception.
- Proven track record of innovation as demonstrated by products shipped, publications and/or patents.
- Experience with interpersonal and communication skills.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top