Research Scientist, Audio AR
Oculus Research is looking for an exceptional research scientist/engineer to join our growing team in Redmond, WA. This full-time position is well suited for someone with a strong research interest in advancing the state of the art in immersive audio experiences for augmented reality. Our interdisciplinary team is working to solve difficult problems at the intersection of acoustics, mechanical design, auditory perception, spatial audio and signal processing. The successful candidate will have strong laboratory skills as well as, hands-on experience in the design of new acoustic devices, and a solid understanding on audio signal processing. A M.S. or Ph.D. in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar is preferred. Strong programming skillset in MATLAB or C++ is required.
- Acoustic design, test, and measurement of new audio devices. Basic mechanical design principles. Use and understanding of acoustic transducers and microphones.
- Systems level understanding in the complete audio processing chain â€" transducers, amplifiers, real-time signal processing, and low power audio ICs.
- Writing MATLAB code to drive real-time audio prototypes.
- Understand and stay up to date on the latest research literature.
- Understand and exploit of the principles of auditory perception.
- 5+ years of experience in use of industry standard lab equipment for audio electronics and electroacoustic measurement.
- 5+ years of experience in calibration, debugging, validation and optimization of audio electronics systems.
- 5+ years of experience in audio systems.
- 3+ years of experience in real-time audio and audio algorithms development.
- Candidates with experience in the design and execution of psychoacoustic experiments.
Back to top