Research Scientist - AR\/VR Interactions Lead
At Facebook Reality Labs, our goal is to invent user input and interface technologies that will drive the next generation of mixed reality experiences. As a Lead Research Scientist in Computational Interaction group at Facebook Reality Labs, you will focus on defining and leading our research in AR/VR input and interactions. Of particular interest are computational methods for fusing different inputs, designing and evaluating novel interaction techniques, and leveraging spatial and temporal contexts to improve user interactions. This lead role requires leadership of other researchers and developers to build sophisticated interactive AR/VR solutions. Researchers are expected to have a strong computational background as well as strong motivation to integrate their work into real-time interactive AR/VR systems in our lab. Researchers will have the opportunity to publish in peer-reviewed conferences and journals and are expected to effectively collaborate with cross-disciplinary experts, including cognitive psychology, applied machine learning, human-computer interaction, software engineering, perceptual science, and design.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST - AR/VR INTERACTIONS LEAD RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and execute a cutting-edge research agenda to advance adaptive user interfaces in spatial mixed reality scenarios.
- Technical leadership of researchers, designers and engineers to incorporate scientific advances into larger interactive prototype systems.
- Understand and stay up to date on the latest research literature, attend top conferences in human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, and related fields.
- Thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary environment.
- Mentor researchers, post-docs, and PhD interns.
- PhD in computer science, human-computer interaction, robotics, artificial intelligence, or related field.
- 4+ years of industry research experience developing cutting edge interactions and interfaces in 3D/AR/VR scenarios.
- 2+ years of experience in defining and leading multi-person research projects.
- Experience working in cross-functional organizations or teams.
- Proven track record of achieving research results, including publication record in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Deep understanding of HCI, AR/VR, and/or Artificial Intelligence literature.
- Experience applying machine learning to real-time interactive problems.
- 1+ year of people management experience.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top