Research Scientist, AI (PhD University Grad)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Research Scientist to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR), a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics, particularly including areas such as deep learning, graphical models, reinforcement learning, computer perception, natural language processing and data representation. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology to make computers more intelligent. To learn more about our research visit https://research.facebook.com (https://research.facebook.com/).
- Lead research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Lead research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities).
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior.
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones.
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Lead and collaborate on research projects within a globally based team.
- Graduating with a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience.
- First-author publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g. NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, ICCV, and ACL).
- Experience leading a team in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data from different sources.
- Experience in leading theoretical and empirical research and for answering questions with research.
- Ability to communicate complex research both in writing and orally for public audiences of peers.
- Knowledge in a programming language.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2018.
- Previous internship(s) and/or research assistantship(s) in an AI research organization.
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++, Python, C# and/or Java.
- Has previously completed a postdoctoral role in AI research.
Back to top