Research Scientist - Adaptive User Interfaces, AR\/VR (PhD)
At Facebook Reality Labs our goal is to invent user input and interface technologies that will drive the next generation of mixed reality experiences. As a Research Scientist in Computational Interaction group at Facebook Reality Labs you will focus on defining and leading our research in adaptive user interfaces for AR/VR scenarios. Of particular interest are computational methods for building adaptive user interfaces, fusing different inputs, inferring user intent, and leveraging spatial and temporal contexts to improve user interactions. Researchers are expected to have a strong computational background as well as strong motivation to integrate their work into real-time interactive AR/VR systems in our lab. Researchers will have the opportunity to publish in peer-reviewed conferences and journals and are expected to effectively collaborate with cross-disciplinary experts, including cognitive psychology, applied machine learning, human-computer interaction, software engineering, perceptual science, and design.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST - ADAPTIVE USER INTERFACES, AR/VR (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and execute a cutting-edge research agenda to advance adaptive user interfaces in spatial mixed reality scenarios.
- Collaborate with researchers, engineers, and designers across disciplines to solve complex problems and evaluate the effectiveness of developed solutions through user evaluations.
- Work closely with peer research and incubation groups to incorporate scientific advances into larger cross-group efforts.
- Publish and present papers at international conferences and journals, attend top conferences in human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, and related fields.
- Mentor Post-Docs and PhD interns.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in the field of computer science, human-computer interaction, robotics, artificial intelligence, or related field.
- Understanding of HCI fundamentals: demonstrated record in design and evaluation of interfaces and input technologies.
- Experience applying machine learning or optimization solutions to interactive problems.
- Computational background, including 3+ years of experience in C++/C# or Python.
- Proven track record of achieving research results, demonstrated by minimum 3 publications in peer reviewed journals and conferences in human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, or AR/VR.
- Experience with 3D graphics and Unity game engine.
- Strong understanding of AR/VR technologies and literature.
- Strong understanding of Artificial Intelligence technologies and literature.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top