Research Science Manager, FRL - Mobile Vision
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our Mobile Vision team researches, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Instagram, Facebook and AR/VR products. Mobile Vision is focused on developing new technologies from early concept to product while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the research and product impact they open up.
As a Research Science Manager in Mobile Vision, you will lead, manage, and inspire applied research teams developing efficient deep neural architectures for various problems. As a hands-on leader, you'll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You'll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex research challenges while delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Help build and lead great applied research teams to deliver world-class research and products
- Drive an excellent collaboration, continually raising the bar on efficiency
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams. Operate strategically and tactically
- Work on strategy and help set direction while delivering state-of-the-art algorithms
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Vision or related field
- 5+ years of experience in research and development, and shipping of software products and/or services
- 2+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Publications in top conferences on Computer Vision such as CVPR, ICCV or similar
- Research background in deep learning for Computer Vision, such as generative methods, model optimization, classification, detection, semantic understanding, 3D geometry understanding, and human understanding
- Experience thriving in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top