Research Manager (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to lead our Research team for our Growth & Monetization efforts. If you are a leader who has proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, has an empathy for both consumers and businesses, and has a strong bias for action, we would be excited to hear from you. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. You must be a data expert, but also know when to trust your gut. You must be a strong voice in design and strategic discussions and an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, analytics, and product. You must build strong relationships with other teams at WhatsApp to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is a start-up environment where you'll be expected to roll-up your sleeves and be expected to push the boundaries of what's possible in a mobile app, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail.
This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp's Director of Growth & Monetization.
- Frame strategic business, product, and engineering needs from customers' and business' perspective
- Strong eye for ruthless prioritization and focus - balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Communicate the vision of research team across WhatsApp - oversee that correct research methodologies are used
- Empower the research team to deliver products. Inspire them to grow their talent and capabilities
- Hire and retain a strong team of talented individuals. Grow research team within WhatsApp
- Build strong cross-functional relationships
- 6+ years of management experience
- 6+ years experience in all areas of research (including design research, market research and quantitative analysis)
- 6+ years of experience in an analytical or research role in a technology company, consulting, or product management
- Proven understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Proven track record in managing high performing teams and building teams from the ground up
- Connections in the UX world and the ability to help attract and retain researchers
- Track record of translating research into actionable design and product
- People management skills
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top