Research Manager, Monetization
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook App Monetization team (FAM) is growing and looking for a Research Manager, Monetization to continue our strong UXR growth in 2020. We are seeking a current manager who is passionate about solving some of the most complex problems relating to FB Monetization. Aligning with the Facebook App Monetization org's mission of "Build people-first experiences that give economic opportunity and access to everyone", our researchers develop and leverage a deep understanding of the needs of People, Creators, and Advertisers to help drive developments which impact the future of digital advertising around the world.Research is an essential part of the FAM org's success. Our motto is "Ads as good as organic" because we want to create advertising that complement people's experience on Facebook rather than detract from it. Our foundational research helps uncover new opportunities and our deep understanding of needs of People, Creators, and Advertisers' helps us drive development, tackling the most important business and research questions.We are striving to build a team of diverse thinkers with the ability to balance multifaceted user problems to unlock the most value for Users/Creators and Advertisers. Leaders within FAM UXR collaborate with a team of Quant Researchers to help connect the dots across Facebook, guide and hone strategic thinking, and help shape FAM leadership strategy by championing our insights at the leadership team level to shape the future of our business.The Quality and Delivery manager will lead a team of 4 quantitative researchers who embody the mission to sustainably deliver ads to create long term value for people and businesses. This team focuses on some of the most in-depth and complex problems facing the FAM team in both the short and long term. This team is focused on developing and leveraging a sentiment measurement system that spans the FAM ads ecosystem, and provide in depth understanding of how our ads are impacting the user experience.
- Manage a team of highly impactful researchers, executing and delivering high quality work that has impact for product teams and beyond, reaching across team and org lines.
- Work deeply with a strong, close team of researchers and cross functional partners.
- Act as an advocate for the needs of the people we're building for, in order to help the product team focus on the overall mission and strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional discipline leads to drive strategy at an organizational level.
- 3+ years management experience in all areas of research (including design research, market research and quantitative research)
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Experience attracting and retaining researchers
- Track record of translating research into design and product
Back to top