Research Manager - Local East
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for Research Leaders with proven research, communication and people management skills. Facebook is a diverse product used by over a billion people - it's ripe for research. But figuring out the right research, the appropriate involvement, and the ideal touch points is a delicate balance, especially in a process-averse culture. What makes a good candidate? Someone who has exceptional research skills, but who also understands the balance between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and product decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact.
You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product vertical, and across multiple research disciplines. The role requires you to be an expert researcher with a proven track record of doing research that impacts a complex and diverse product. You will be required to articulate the vision of the team to design and product leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. You must be a data expert, but also know when to trust your gut. You must be a strong voice in design and strategic discussions and an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, marketing and product. You must build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Resource allocation - ensure that we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing on both the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Recruiting user experience research talent
- Growing stronger connections in the UX world
- Proven knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Experience in all areas of research (including design research, market research and quantitative research)
- Experience helping attract and retain researchers
- Track record of translating research into actionable design and product
- People management experience
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, with researchers of different disciplines.
- Keen eye for and focus on impact.
Back to top