Research Manager, Instagram - Ads and Core Business
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for Research Leaders with excellent research, communication and people management skills. Instagram is a diverse product â€" it's ripe for research. But figuring out the right research, the appropriate involvement, and the ideal touch points is a delicate balance, especially in a process-averse culture. What makes a good candidate? Someone who has exceptional research skills, but who also understands the balance between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and product decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product vertical, and across multiple research disciplines.
The role requires you to be an expert researcher with a proven track record of doing research that impacts a complex and diverse product. The role also requires you to have a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, preferably with researchers of different disciplines. You will be required to articulate the vision of the team to design and product leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. You must be a data expert, but also know when to trust your gut. You must be a strong voice in design and strategic discussions and an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, marketing and product. You must build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Keen eye for and focus on impact
- Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Recruiting and developing talent
- 3+ years management experience in all areas of research (including design research, market research and quantitative research)
- Proven experience with quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Proven track record in managing teams, including attracting external talent, building teams, and retaining employees
- Track record of translating research into actionable design and product results
- Experience with user research supporting accessibility
Back to top