Research Manager (Instagram)
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
This is an exciting time at Instagram, and understanding people is more important than ever. The Research Manager will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research, both quant and qual. The ideal candidate will be flexible, agile, and a market research expert with phenomenal analytical and communication skills. In this role, you will work with Product, Product Marketing, Brand, Creative, UX research, Data Science teams. You will influence marketing strategy, campaign development, and measurement across the world.
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support the marketing organization, Instagram and Facebook at large
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will have an effect on reaching hundreds of millions of people
- Communicate effectively and inspirationally in order to motivate people to take action in marketing and across the organization
- Develop and drive research strategy globally
- 6+ years of experience with extensive background in quantitative and qualitative research, including hands-on experience in survey/discussion guide writing and data analysis (weighting, data verification, regression, factor, clustering, etc.)
- Problem solving experience and ability to move from blank slate to a research problem matched with a methodology
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver results
- Proven track record of using primary and secondary research to influence executives and colleagues
- Communication and presentation skills. Experience with SPSS or R and Survey programming tool
- International Research Experience
- Experience in a consumer technology company, with a strong understanding of social platforms and mobile ecosystems
- Experience with positioning, messaging development and optimization research
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top