Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
At Oculus Research, we're developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. Research studies inform our work in displays, audio, optics, and practically every other area. We're seeking a Research Manager to manage a world class team of psychophysics, perceptual psychology, and control researchers and help them develop their careers, strategically focus their research efforts, and have the most impact possible on the future of VR and AR. The ideal candidate is an expert manager with extensive experience leading high performing industry research teams.
- Supervise and lead a team of researchers who design, execute, and evaluate studies into how the human perceptual system interprets information displayed by our internally developed VR and AR prototype hardware
- Oversee human perception research efforts
- Manage academic research collaborations with university partners, and work with other project leads to develop a strategic plan for creating new academic relationships to further our research
- Hire and train researchers and assistant staff
- Review research proposals and give feedback
- Participate in team leadership, long-term strategic project, headcount, and budget planning
- Ensure that proper processes are developed and followed for designing, executing, analyzing, and publishing results of studies
- PhD in Psychophysics, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Perceptual Neuroscience or related field
- At least 6 years of experience in management of high-performing teams in research or advanced development
- Background in performing perceptual research or other psychological, medical, or sociological research under IRB process
- Academic research and industrial prototype research and development
- Experience working and managing in a fast-paced hardware development or rapid prototyping environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top