- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Research Manager with research, communication and people management skills. Facebook is a diverse set of products - it's ripe for research. But figuring out the right research, the appropriate involvement, and the ideal touch points is a delicate balance, especially in a process-averse culture. What makes a good candidate? Someone who has a breadth and depth of research skills - who understands the balance and trade-offs between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and product recommendations and decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product vertical, and across multiple research disciplines. The role requires you to be an expert researcher with a proven track record of doing qualitative (mainly) and quantitative research that impacts a complex and diverse product. In addition, you need to have a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, preferably with researchers of different disciplines. You will be required to articulate the vision of the research team to design and product leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to measurable business value. You must be a data expert, but also know when to trust your gut. You must contribute to design and strategic discussions and be an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, marketing and product. You must build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook.
- Guide research throughout the product life-cycle from early stage generative research, through iterative concept or prototype testing, and post-launch measurement
- Ability to build and influence meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Deliver actionable and relevant insights aligned to both strategic and tactical product and designs decisions
- Identify and prioritize short-term and long-term research that delivers impact
- Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Hire, develop, and retain talent
- Advocate passionately for the customer, ensuring that the product experience is aligned to user needs and expectations
- 3 or more years of experience with consumer products, consumer insights, or product development
- 6 or more years of experience with people management
- 10 or more years of experience with user research, quantitative research, qualitative research, or research
- Experience leading research for enterprise applications
Back to top