(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for Research Leaders with excellent research, communication and people management skills. Facebook is a diverse product used by over a billion people – it’s ripe for research. But figuring out the right research, the appropriate involvement, and the ideal touch points is a delicate balance, especially in a process-averse culture. What makes a good candidate? Someone who has exceptional research skills, but who also understands the balance between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and product decisions. It’s not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product vertical, and across multiple research disciplines.
The role requires you to be an expert researcher with a proven track record of doing research that impacts a complex and diverse product. The role also requires you to have a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, preferably with researchers of different disciplines. You will be required to articulate the vision of the team to design and product leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. You must be a data expert, but also know when to trust your gut. You must be a strong voice in design and strategic discussions and an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, marketing and product. You must build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Keen eye for and focus on impact
- Resource Allocation – ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Recruiting talent
- 3+ years experience in all areas of research (including design research, market research and quantitative research)
- Proven understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Proven track record in managing teams, including attracting external talent and building teams
- Connections in the UX world and the ability to help attract and retain researchers
- Track record of translating research into actionable design and product
- People management skills
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience with user research supporting accessibility.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top