Research Intern, Visual Tracking and Alignment
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research Pittsburgh is looking for exceptional interns to help us make social interactions in virtual reality a reality. Expertise in computer vision, deep learning, and inverse kinematics are especially appreciated, but smart, motivated people with strong coding or hardware backgrounds are more than welcome, and strong math skills are a huge plus. We want to build a broad virtual reality research community, so we encourage publishing. Come join us as we make VR happen!
We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas: -Computer vision-Computer Graphics -Deep Learning with Convolutional, Recurrent, and Adversarial Networks-All things faces: Detection, Tracking, Animation, and Rendering-All things bodies: Pose estimation, Performance Capture, Action Recognition, Animation, and Rendering-Multimodal Learning-3D Reconstruction
This internship is twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Design and execution of novel algorithms to solve machine learning and computer vision problems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD or Masters in Computer Science or related STEM field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineering experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions or PhD papers
- Experience with CUDA and/or Convex Optimization
- Knowledge of deep learning, reinforcement learning, and/or computer vision
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top