Research Intern - Ultrasound (PhD)
Facebook Reality Labs brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of virtual and augmented reality, which together will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. And just as personal computers have done over the past 45 years, AR and VR will ultimately change everything about how we work, play, and connect. We are developing all the technologies needed to enable breakthrough AR glasses and VR headsets, including optics and displays, computer vision, audio, graphics, brain-computer interface, haptic interaction, eye/hand/face/body tracking, perception science, and true telepresence. Some of those will advance much faster than others, but they all need to happen to enable AR and VR that are so compelling that they become an integral part of our lives. We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas: ultrasound range finding, signal processing, acoustics, ultrasound imaging, machine learning. Our internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) or twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
RESEARCH INTERN - ULTRASOUND (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implementation of novel algorithms to solve research problems
- Hands on laboratory data acquisition and processing
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in Acoustics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related STEM fields
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must be available for a 3-6 month internship between January 1st, 2020 - December 31st, 2020
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Hands on experience designing and building audio assemblies
- Experience with C/C++ and Python
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Applied Research Scientist, CV and Machine Perception (University Grad)
- Research Intern - Optical Design - Optics (PhD)
- Research Intern, Computational Imaging - Optics (PhD)
- Research Intern, Deep Learning and Image Synthesis (PhD)
- Research Intern, Time-of-Flight Sensor Design (PhD)
- Research Intern, Vision Science and Physiological Optics (University Grad)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top