Research Intern, Silicon (PhD)
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) brings together a world-class, cross-discipline R&D team with the shared goal of developing the next generation of AR and VR technologies. The Surreal Vision team is looking for the next generation of scientists and engineers to tackle the most ambitious problems in machine perception at our research location in Redmond, WA. The primary role of this internship is to conduct research in emerging technologies and research in VLSI, computer-aided design, and computer architecture to support AR/VR application pipelines.
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
RESEARCH INTERN, SILICON (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop and prototype advanced tightly integrated hardware and software technologies
- Analyze and improve efficiency, accuracy, scalability and stability of currently deployed systems
- Prototyping, building, and analysis of experimental systems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in the field of VLSI, CAD, Computer Architecture, Hardware/Software Codesign, or related field
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be available for 3 month to 6 month internship between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020
- Experience designing and implementing hardware accelerators in HDL (Verilog, VHDL), HLS (Vivado, Catapult, etc.), or agile HDL languages (PyMTL, Chisel, PyRTL, Magma, etc.)
- Strong foundational knowledge of basic computer architecture and hardware design concepts
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
- Experience in any of the following research focuses: approximate computing, hardware security, instruction customization, custom accelerator design, and hardware/software codesign
- Experience implementing and deploying prototypes on FPGAs and ASICs
- Strong track record of cross-disciplinary research work across computer architecture, compilers, security, and/or software/hardware codesign research areas
- Strong publication track record in one or more of the following conferences: ISSCC, VLSI, GLSVLSI, FPGA, FCCM, FPL, ISCA, ASPLOS, MICRO, DATE, DAC, or ICCAD
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top