Research Intern, Semiconductors Material Characterization (AFM)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research Cork (Ireland) is looking for exceptional, smart and motivated interns to help us investigate material quality and light emitting device performance for display applications. Expertise in AFM, material characterization, light emitting device performance and microelectronics processing are appreciated.
We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- STEM field
- Material characterization methods
- Microelectronics processing
- III-V materials and devices
This internship will be 24 weeks in length with various possible start dates throughout the year.
- Investigate and exploit the full capabilities of our new AFM tool, including tunneling AFM, conductive AFM, scanning thermal microscopy, operating devices characterization.
- Co-lead the design of experiments to characterize different materials, designs and processes to gain greater insight into light emitting device performance as well as improvement.
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Pursuing a PhD in semiconductors, microelectronics, material characterization, or related material science field
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Masters degree in material characterization and/or semiconductors physics
- 1+ year experience with AFM tools as well as specialization in areas such as tunneling AFM, conductive AFM, thermal microscopy or other
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in Ireland in 2017
- Demonstrated industry experience via an internship or work experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top