Research Intern, SDR (PhD)
- Redmond, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Research Team brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of AR and VR, which together will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. The Surreal Vision team is looking for the next generation of scientists and engineers to tackle the most ambitious problems in on-device machine perception.Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Research, develop and prototype advanced SDR-based protocols
- Research and prototype MIMO and/or beamforming/steerable antenna based transceivers
- Research and prototype back-scatter based edge-devices with commodity wifi systems
- Prototyping, building, and analysis of experimental systems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience with standard wifi network stack and custom software-defined-radio devices
- Experience with SDR
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Foundational knowledge of signal processing
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with cognitive radio systems
- Experience with joint source-channel coding optimization techniques and implementations thereof
- Experience with GPS and WPS
- Experience implementing and deploying prototypes on FPGAs
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top