Research Intern, Perceptual Science
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for applied and fundamental research in fields related to perception with relevance to virtual and augmented reality.
The focus of this internship is to further perceptual research informing the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with the researchers and engineers who are defining the future of these systems.
We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Visual Psychophysics – Stereopsis – Accommodation -Visual Acuity and Contrast – Eye Movements – Audiovisual integration
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Design and implementation of systems and/or experiments to explore aspects of visual perception
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results.
- Pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree in Vision Science, Perceptual Psychology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with an emphasis on perception.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the
- program after the completion of the internship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineering experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions or PhD papers
- Knowledge of optics, signal processing, mathematical modeling and/or simulation expertise
- Ability to design and perform psychophysical experiments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top