Research Intern, Neural Interfaces (PhD)
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for interns to help us unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between intent and action. Our neural interface research is at the intersection of computational neuroscience, machine learning, signal processing, statistics, biophysics and human-computer interaction. This internship is sixteen to twenty-six weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
RESEARCH INTERN, NEURAL INTERFACES (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute cutting-edge applied research to advance neural interface capabilities.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate fundamental scientific knowledge into new technology.
- Use quantitative research methods to define, iterate upon and advance key areas of our research agenda.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience with cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in computational neuroscience, machine learning, physics, computer science, or related fields.
- Strong research-oriented implementation skills, including fluency in scientific Python and TensorFlow.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Familiarity with scientific communication tools (jupyter, matplotlib) a plus.
- Strong preference for industry software engineering experience.
- Bonus points for: expertise in signal processing and familiarity with real-time signals.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top