Research Intern, Machine Perception
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research's Surreal Vision team is looking for the next generation of scientists and engineers to tackle the most ambitious problems in machine perception. Multiple openings are now for available for interns throughout 2017 researching topics for new generations of augmented and virtual reality devices that have real-time scene-aware computing at their core.
- Geometric computer vision, tracking, reconstruction and SLAM systems
- Machine learning approaches to scene understanding
- Exotic sensor and computational imaging devices
- Large scale optimization and data science
- Software tools to enable totally new scales of mobile machine perception
- Full-stack AR systems and experiences for augmented and virtual reality
In particular we welcome PhD students wishing to work at the emerging intersection of geometric computer vision (e.g. reconstruction, tracking and mapping or SLAM research) and machine learning (e.g. deep learning for scene understanding, semantic segmentation or cross model learning), as well as students with a strong background in large scale or real-time optimization based computer vision. We also welcome students with a passion for working in a strongly collaborative team that spans research across algorithms, hardware design and systems prototyping.
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Design and execution of algorithms
- Prototyping, building and analysis of experimental systems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math or a related STEM field
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry estimation, state estimation, and physics based simulation
- 2+ years experience with C/C++, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision and machine learning related conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top