Research Intern, Image Sensors
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research is looking for upcoming scientists and researchers with great interest in image sensors, detectors, new sensing materials, new sensing and computation architectures. Multiple openings are now available for interns throughout 2017.
- CMOS Image Sensors (CIS) for visible, NIR, hyperspectral, and multimode sensing
- Image sensors for 3D depth sensing, time-of-flight sensors
- Avalanche photo diode and array, applications with APD devices
- New sensor pixel design and device TCAD simulation
- Quantum dot and new Nano sensing materials
- Sparse and event driven sensing and computation, spike neuron signal processing
- Neuromorphic system based machine learning modeling and HW implementation
In particular, we welcome PhD students wishing to work at the emerging intersection of HW platform and computer vision applications in a strongly collaborative team that spans research across sensing hardware, signal processing algorithms, software, systems prototyping and user experience. We also welcome students with a passion for working on future distributed sensor and computation architecture, non-Von Neumann architectures.
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Design and execution of particular sensing modality
- Prototyping, building and analysis of experimental systems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Material Science or related field
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years of lab experience in carrying out independent research
- Programming, simulation and model experience with language such as C\C++, Python, Matlab
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated experience via an internship, work experience, or widely used contributions to open source projects
- Track record of publications with cutting edge research results at conferences such as ISSCC, IISW, IEDM
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top