Research Intern, Graphics (PhD)
At Facebook Reality Labs our goal is to make great consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences that ship in five to ten years. We are looking for exceptional interns to help us create next generation computer graphics at our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of our team is on computer graphics with primary research on the efficient synthesis of high quality images, including graphics hardware design, realistic shading, application of machine learning, ray casting, cloud-based rendering, geometry processing and compression, perceptual rendering, differentiable and inverse rendering, and global illumination. We encourage publishing in high-rank computer graphics conferences and journals based on the results of the internship.
RESEARCH INTERN, GRAPHICS (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and prototyping of novel algorithms
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers and engineers from various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in the field of Computer Graphics, Applied Math or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in C/C++, at least one of the following: CUDA, VulkanRT/DXR
- 2+ years of experience with computer graphics and image synthesis, e.g., rendering, sampling, reconstruction, ray tracing, shading, level of detail
- 2+ years of experience with real-time or interactive computer graphics
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Proven track record of first-authored publications at leading conferences and journals such as ACM ToG, SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, HPG, EGSR, etc.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top