Research Intern, Graphics
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research Redmond is looking for exceptional interns to help us create next generation experiences in virtual and augmented reality. Our computer graphics research focuses on perceptually based image synthesis. We want to build a broad virtual reality research community, so we encourage publishing.
We’re looking for students interested in the following areas:
- Rendering – rasterization, ray tracing and vector graphics
- Graphics pipelines and APIs
- Parallel Programming paradigms – GPUs / CUDA, SIMD, multi-threading
- Data-structures and algorithms
- Image processing and compression
Rendering (real time and or physically based), parallel systems, graphics hardware & and machine learning (e.g. deep learning) backgrounds are particularly welcome!
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Design and execution of algorithms
- Prototyping and building of systems
- Designing user studies and experiments
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math or a related STEM field
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 3+ years programming/implementing in C++ plus at least one of the following: CUDA, DirectCompute, ISPC, or OpenCL
- 3+ years experience with real-time computer graphics, including GPU hardware, modern APIs, and the graphics pipeline
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top